MonaLisa Touch® for Post-Menopausal Women
In the U.S., up to half of post-menopausal women suffer from vaginal atrophy as a result of a decline in estrogen levels. Symptoms often include:
- Pain during intercourse
- Vaginal dryness and itching
- Burning during urination
- Frequent urinary tract infections
MonaLisa Touch provides an advanced treatment option that directly addresses those symptoms. With this treatment, a urologist uses a laser to deliver controlled energy that stimulates the production of collagen. The enhanced moisture levels in the vaginal canal ease many of the painful symptoms post-menopausal women experience.
The treatment consists of three sessions, each lasting less than five minutes. Patients appreciate benefits such as:
- No anesthesia necessary
- The convenience of in-office treatments
- Minimal side effects with little discomfort
- No downtime; patients can resume typical activities promptly
- Rapid relief from symptoms
MonaLisa Touch is currently not covered by most health insurance plans. Patients interested in MonaLisa Touch should consult with their urologists.