Research and Clinical Trials
The physicians in The Urology Group actively participate in medical research. They are devoted to advancing the pool of knowledge so new understanding and treatments become available in the future. Without research, there would be no progress in health care.
We also work with pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies to test new treatment techniques.
If you or someone you know would like more information about any of the clinical research trials listed below please e-mail: email@example.com.
Current trials underway
We are actively enrolling participants for the following studies:
Enlarged Prostate – Ideal for those unhappy with current treatment of their enlarged prostates.
Prostate Cancer – Many studies available for men with varying stages of prostate cancer.
Bladder Cancer — Ideal for patients who have not responded to current treatment.
Overactive bladder/ incontinence — Ideal for those unhappy with current treatment for this condition.
Kidney Stones — For patients seeking alternative ways to prevent stone formation.
What are clinical trials
New drugs, devices and treatments are being developed to address tomorrow’s therapies for urology. However, before drugs are publicly available, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration must approve them. Clinical research trials are performed to collect data that pharmaceutical and biotech companies need to present to the FDA.
Each trial is different but in general The Urology Group looks for participants who:
- Meet the eligibility criteria required for each program.
- Would like to try a new investigational treatment.
- Are unhappy with a current treatment regimen and feel they may have exhausted available medications.
- Would like to benefit from the free medical evaluations and follow-up visits, laboratory services and investigational medications.
- Would like to volunteer to advance medical science.
If you qualify, you may have the opportunity to try an investigational medication, which may only be available to research participants. Most of the time there is no charge for the study related care, which can include a physical examination, doctor evaluations, laboratory services and study medication. Financial compensation may be provided for selected trials. Your participation is always voluntary and you may withdraw at any time.
Areas of focus
Our study coordinators are experienced in coordinating clinical trials in a wide variety of areas including:
- Bladder cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Erectile dysfunction
- BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia)
- Interstitial cystitis
- Overactive bladder
- Stress/urge incontinence
- High grade PIN (prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia)
- Chronic prostatitis
- Women's health
Igor Dumbadze, M.D., Director of Clinical Research
Dr. Dumbadze has been a board certified urologist for over thirty years. He has also served as an investigator on our clinical trials for several years, including Principal Investigator since the beginning of 2014 .
William Corbett, BS, CCRC Manager of Research Dept.
William Corbett, is a certified clinical research coordinator. He has 15 years experience in managing clinical research trials in various areas such as Urology, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology and Respiratory.
For pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies
Looking to conduct a study? The Urology Group offers a large patient base and a staff experienced in conducting clinical trials. Our Director of Clinical Research and Principal Investigator is certified thru ACRP and collectively our study coordinators have over 30 years experience in coordinating trials.
Additionally, our research facility offers:
- 12 lead ECG
- -70 degree freezer
- Locked drug cabinets and refrigerator for study medication
- Regulatory submission made in 5 business days
- Contract/budget turnaround in 10 business days
- Detailed SOPs – reviewed annually by employees
- Dedicated area for monitors with high-speed internet access
- Refrigerated centrifuge
- Area for infusions
- Electronic medical records used by the group
- Staff proficient in working with many EDC programs, electronic diaries and IVRS
- Central location in Norwood, approximately 25 miles from the Greater Cincinnati airport
Contact us to discuss your upcoming trials.