Farewell to 2017 – An Eventful Year for Our GroupBy: Earl Walz
It has been an eventful year for The Urology Group. As the year comes to an end, we want to thank our physicians, staff and patients for the role each played in making 2017 an outstanding year for promoting good health in the Tristate.
- 2017 marked significant progress in our fight with prostate cancer. By January we had treated our 1,000th with CyberKnife® SBRT, a non-invasive radiation treatment that is unique to our Group in this region. By year’s end that number will likely exceed 1,250.
- We improved our administrative services by introducing a new phone system and a more automated billing system. As with any new systems, there were a few bumps in the road, but our staff rose to the challenge and is now preparing to roll out a new health information system in January. Both systems are designed to serve our patients better.
- This year brought accolades for many of our physicians. Dr. Brooke Edwards was named chief medical officer where she provides medical oversight, expertise and leadership to our Group. We honored Dr. Inayat Malik as our “Physician Citizen of the Year” for his work with the local Muslim community to promote interfaith cooperation. Venue Magazine recognized several of our physicians and staff as “Rising Stars” in local healthcare: Dr. Aaron Bey, Dr. Michael Dusing, Dr. Brooke Edwards, Dr. Matthew Fulton, Dr. Daniel Robertshaw, Dr. Rebecca Roedersheimer and Dr. Patrick Wirtz.
- As a group we were named to the Ohio Business Magazine’s “Best Workplaces in Ohio” list, selected as a finalist for the Cincinnati Business Courier’s “Healthiest Employer” award and chosen as a “Top Workplace” by the Cincinnati Enquirer.
- In August we welcomed our newest physician, Dr. Stephen Kappa, who came to us from Nashville. He earned his undergraduate degree in Political Science from Yale University as well as an MBA from Vanderbilt University and completed his residency in urology at the Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
We look forward to continuing to provide the most cutting-edge treatment to improve the lives of our patients. We wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year.